With one of the world’s largest concentrations of publicly traded corporate headquarters, Dallas has become a destination market for new data center workloads. In January 2018, Business Insider included Dallas on its list of “10 US cities that are growing fast, offering jobs, and presenting business opportunities.” DataBank is positioned very well to address this growing market with the launch of its third data center in the DFW metroplex, DFW3. DFW3 is a 145,000 sq. ft. purpose-built facility located in Plano, Texas. The facility is designed to offer unmatched capacity and reliability and includes over 60,000 sq. ft. of raised floor space for build-to-suit deployments.
“We took the greatest care in custom building this state-of-the-art facility, which offers the latest technology and best practices in power availability, connectivity, efficient cooling and more,” states DataBank CEO Raul Martynek. “With DFW3, we’re proud to boost our total facility count to 14 data centers in eight key markets and offer yet another world-class data hub through which we can deliver our signature local service and national reach.”
DFW3 site specifications include:
- 9 MW of usable UPS power, expandable to 13 MW
- 40MW (dual 20MW utility feeds) of high-density, onsite power deployed via underground diverse delivery
- N+1 and 2N electrical options
- Around the clock onsite security
- Meet Me Room connected to dedicated fiber ring
- Onsite cloud and managed services
- Total facility footprint that can be augmented to 265,000 square feet
- HIPAA, SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and PCI DSS compliant
- Redundant HVAC design for stable airflow, temperature and humidity
- Highly efficient cooling system with hot-aisle/cold-aisle configuration and direct venting systems
For more information, please visit www.databank.com.